What Has Happened?


I am really nervous about this post being live on the Internet but i got some of my friends to check it for me and they said I should go ahead and post this as I wasn't sure whether to or not. At the end of the day I want to be honest on my blog and I don't want to pretend that everything is okay when clearly the blogging community is struggling at the moment. I hate writing negative posts but I feel really confused and upset at the moment. When I started reading blogs I admired the blogging community, it seemed like a really welcoming place where everyone supported each other. Then when I started blogging I felt like I became a part of the community and so many people were kind to me and offered me advise and answered silly question like 'how to publish a post' (okay maybe they weren't that stupid but you get the gist!). Now when I take part in twitter chats I always chat to new bloggers and try to offer them a friendly tweet and advise.

The other day I was scrolling through my twitter feed when I saw loads of tweets about Guru Gossip, I had no idea what was going on. I soon realised that someone or a group of people had created a website where they post awful, nasty things about other bloggers and what they write on their blog. This whole thing kicked off and there were huge debates floating left, right and centre through my feed. I honestly didn't know what to think of the whole situation. I wanted to believe that it wasn't true because the blogging community had been so nice to me but then one of my blogging friends ( I am not going to name names) said that nasty things were published about her content on this website and she was really upset by it. That's when I realised that this is a really serious matter that is effecting peoples innocence in blogging. I know people wanted to rant and talk about it on twitter but I feel like this was giving GG the exposure they wanted and I didn't know about GG until I saw tweets in my feed. Its complicated because I know people want to talk about it as it is so wrong what GG is doing but is giving GG more publicity good? I really dont know any more.

Here are some anonymous comments made by people about how they feel:

'It;s so sad, it's something that I really don't want to be involved in right now, it's not a really positive place right now, its a very negative and ****** place right now' 

'It used to be such a nice thing to be a part of, now it's like everyone's turning on each other... it's people like that that are making it a bad place. To be honest even outside of blogging Guru Gossip is just a joke.'

I am scared that this whole blogging community is going to fall apart because quite frankly I have seen some really hurt and angry people talking on twitter and I don't know what is going to happen. Blogging is an amazing passion. I take pride in my blog and I find it so upsetting that others would go and insult what someone else is doing. I don't know what has happened to the blogging community recently, it has become such a negative place and so many people are getting hurt becuase of this website.

These are just my personal views and I am not trying to upset anyone or cause any arguments. I would love to hear what you think on this matter. I was really nervous about publishing this but I think it is something that is really upsetting at the moment and I hope the blogging community will turn a corner and go back to the welcoming and supporting group it used to be.

MissBeccaBeauty xo

1 comment:

  1. I think that you're generalising a lot. Stress less! The guru gossip page is a joke, I don't like it all but I don't think it's going to tear apart the blogging community. As with everything there are toxic, shitty people and then there is a whole lot of awesome people too. I think you just need to associate yourself with the awesome people and ignore the shitty ones. People continually talking about GG is only going to make the matter worse.. I know it's a bit hard if you're mentioned etc but it's fuelling the fire... Just focus on your blog and associate with the nice bloggers :)

    Sarah | More Than Adored

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, I really appreciate all your comments! Don't forget to subscribe or follow my blog on BlogLovin'

MissBeccaBeauty xo