Day Trip To Oxford University



 
Hey Peeps,
 
Some of you may know already, but on Sunday I went down to Oxford for the day with my friends. I am going to just start by saying I had an amazing day. For as long as I can remember I have wanted to go to either Oxford or Cambridge University. So to be able to go and look around Oxford University was a big deal to me!
 

 

We started out trip by first going to Merton College. My dads friend actually works in Oxford so he gave us a tour and was able to take us into places that weren't open to the public. Morten College is set out like a French monastery because the first lecturers and scholars were from France. Merton College is where JRR Tolkien was an English Literature Professor. The tree in the beautiful garden is the tree where Tolkien used to sit and write The Lord of The Rings. (I have no idea what is under the tree, I think it may be equipment for a marquee or something)
 




Next we walked along the main high street in Oxford and I took a few snaps :) Along that street we came across sweetie heaven!! I couldn't resist taking pictures of all the yummy sweets. My favourite things in this sweet shop are the Harry Potter Chocolate Frogs, I have never seen these before and I got so excited :)
 

 
 

 
 
 
 

 

Next we went to Christ Church College where some of the Scenes from Harry Potter were set. Now because I am such a Harry Potter freak, I was so excited to be able to look around the stair case and the hall where the Great Hall was filmed. Some of you may have noticed that this stair case is the one they used when they filmed Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone in the scene where the first years were waiting to enter the Great Hall for the first time to be sorted by the sorting hat. It bring butterflies to think that this is the place where they filmed the scenes for the Great Hall!
 
 





 
Last but not least we went punting. I have to be honest at first I really wasn't looking to going punting and the boats were filthy and had loads of water in side them. But once we got going I had really good fun and I actually found it really relaxing. While we were punting, we saw another boat punting so I thought I would take a picture of them in action so you can all see what I am on about.




  I hope you have enjoyed this kind of lifestyle post and let me know if you would like me to do more of these in the future. I apologise for the huge length of this post, but I didn't want to miss anything out!
 
MissBeccaBeauty xo
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting, I really appreciate all your comments! Don't forget to subscribe or follow my blog on BlogLovin'

MissBeccaBeauty xo