How To Prolong Your Spray Tan

I have said it before and I will say it again... I am a pale girl. In the winter being pale doesn't bother me and it never really crosses my mind, but come summer when it is warm outside and I want to wear cute dresses and shorts; I am either snow white or a patchy mess from trying to do my own fake tan. Before going on holiday I got a spray tan because 1) I hate being pale when everyone else has golden tans and 2) I was going to a wedding and thought it was better to get a proper tan rather than me attempting a tan that would have most likely ended up patchy. After my tan I wanted to make it last for as long as possible, so here are some of the things I did along with some tips, I am no expert at spray tans (this was only my first one after all) but I did learn a few things and I wanted to share with you some of the things I learnt! 

When you are in the shower wash gently, if you scrub away really hard then the tan is going to come off unevenly. Gentle washing helps your tan to last longer and not rub off. Just pat yourself dry where you get out of the shower, again rubbing yourself dry with the towel will bring the tan off - so just pat gently! Every time you get out of the shower it is really important to moisturise as this will again help to prolong your tan and moisturising will mean your tan fades evenly. My favourite moisturiser is the Soap and Glory The Daily Smooth Body Butter - I have a review here if you would like to read more.I find body butters to be the most nourishing and as you can see I have nearly used up all of this one. A few days after I got my spray tan, I started to use some tanning products on top. In the morning, after I moisturised, I used the Beauty Lab Preptide Tanning Hydrating Tan Extender*. It is designed to help your tan last longer whether it is a natural or fake tan. There is a bit of a funky smell - but lets face it nearly all tanning products have a smell. My tan lasted a good 7-8 days and I think it was helped a lot by this product. If you are planning on getting a spray tan and want to invest in a product that will help it work I think this is worth it. As well as the tan extender, I used my normal gradual tan - which at the moment is the Dove Summer Glow Gradual Tanner. This was good at just topping up the colour very gently. In the evenings I would use the gradual tanner and this combination worked really well at helping my tan to last longer. 

What products do you use to help prolong your tan? Do you have any other tips?

MissBeccaBeauty xo
*PR Gifted Sample

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting, I really appreciate all your comments! Don't forget to subscribe or follow my blog on BlogLovin'

MissBeccaBeauty xo