Summer Essentials : Makeup and Skincare

When the seasons change I love to change up my beauty products, especially in the summer. I have three posts in my summer essentials series and they will be out over the next three days. Stay tuned for the other becuase I am super excited for them. Okay onto the products...

Skincare is really important to me and I generally like to spend more money on skincare becuase I think it is worth looking after your skin. Liz Earle for me is by far the best skincare brand out there, I use a lot of their products all year round including the Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic. But in the summer I enjoy using it so much more. It is a toner, so you pop a generous amount onto a cotton pad after you have cleansed and then wipe it all over your face. It is super refreshing and removes any last traces of makeup from your face. I know it says it in the name, but the Clarins One Step Gentle Exfoliation Cleanser is such a gentle exfoliator and doesn't feel harsh on my skin even though it has little particles of scrubs in it. In all honesty it is the smell that makes it feel like a summery product. I am not a fan of orange scented products as they always smell too sickly, however this has orange extracts in it and it is just the perfect hint of orange without being overpowering and sickly. During a hot summers day my makeup tends to slip off so I like using a primer. My mum bought me the Witch Skin Clearing Primer. I have a couple of high end primers that work really well when I need my makeup to last all day on special occassions when I won't be able to do touch ups. This primer isn't the best out there but glides on over my skin, smooths everything out and makes my makeup sit really nicely. 

For makeup I like to keep everything really light and simple. Foundations are just too heavy on really hot days so tinted moisturisers are the way forward. Recently I purchased the Jemma Kidd Mineral Skin Nourishing Tint SPF20 which is a medium coverage for a tinted moisturiser, so it smooths everything over my skin and removing any redness but doesn't have the same coverage as a full coverage foundation. This one in particular lasts really well on my skin with a bit of powder. Also it is great to get a tinted moisturiser with an SPF so it can protect your skin from all the harsh sun rays. If you read my post on Sunday, then you probably will have gathered that I am one of those really pale girls that rely on stuff out of a bottle to make us look healthy and glowing, not like we have walked off the set of Twilight. Come summer time I love to bronze, bronze, bronze it up with the Bourjois Delice De Poudre. Slight shimmers run though in the packaging but on the skin you can hardly tell. It can give a subtle natural glow or you can build it up to make you look like you have spent all week in a hot country by the equator, it's only a white lie!

Cream blushes work best for me in the summer and are quick to blend with your fingers if you have to work quickly. Topshop is the winner of the high street when it comes to cream blush in my opinion, Topshop Cream Blush in Afternoon Tea  is the perfect summer pink blush. Using cream blushes in summer is better as your face looks dewier and adds to the overall summer look, also I think they last longer on me anyway. I love the Bourjois Colour Boosts, I have done since they came out. At the moment the shade Peach On The Beach is my new love, it is quite a pale bright pink/ peach and looks beautiful with a golden bronzed look.

MissBeccaBeauty xo

3 comments:

  1. I have Peach On The Beach too and its such a lovely shade x
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I have wanted it for ages and can't believe I didn't get it sooner x

      Delete
  2. Hey Rebecca, how is this clarins exfoliating cleanser?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, I really appreciate all your comments! Don't forget to subscribe or follow my blog on BlogLovin'

MissBeccaBeauty xo