Birthday Beauty Haul


For my birthday I went shopping with my best friend, Cora (she has a beauty blog so click here to have a sneaky read!) and I bought quite a few beauty bits. Superdrug was having a 3 for 2 offer and I just couldn't resist making a few purchases. Cora gave me a TopShop voucher for my birthday and to be quite honest I am not really a fan of the clothes in top shop, they are all a little too 'out-there' for my liking. But I was thrilled with the voucher because it meant I could make some purchases from their makeup range. For a high street shop, the makeup in TopShop is amazing and for the price the quality is fab.

Firstly I we went into super drug and I was a little bit overwhelmed because there were so many people in there. I don't know if it was the 3 for 2 offer or just because it was a rainy half-term day but it was packed with people. It was actually really hard to get round and look everywhere. The first item I picked up was the Bourjois Colour Boost in Peach on The Beach £7.99. I have two other shades of these and I love them so much. They are really moisturising, pigmented and last a good while on the lips. My other shades are quite bright and bold so I wanted to get a lighter shade and this one is perfect for the summer. These little gems also have SPF 15 in them so I don't have to worry about my lips burning on really hot days. I was really in the lips mood when I went shopping and found myself at the Revlon counter. I don't own much from Revlon but really like the look of their packaging and I have heard great things about their products, especially the lip products. I am very late to jump on this bandwagon, but I picked up the Revlon Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie £7.99. I was a little sceptical about these at first as they thought they were just a tinted lip balm but I am so wrong. It has the perfect amount of pigmentation on my lips and I have quite dark pink natural lips and this complements them so well. Berry Smoothie is the 'my lips but better shade' and looks really glossy, I think it might have a slight shimmer running through but it is nothing too overpowering. I was waiting in line with Peach on the beach, berry smoothie and another colour tattoo when I realised I should get another product of the same value to get the most of my money. So I ran out the line, grabbed the Bourjois Délice de Poudre Bronzing Powder £7.99. It was a complete impulse buy but I needed a bronzer as summer has begun and I had heard quite a few bloggers talking about it. 

Next we popped into Boots and I was drawn to the Barry M stand. I am not the biggest fan of their original nail polishes but I love their gelly range and at the moment you can buy 2 gelly polishes for £7 so of course I had to pick some up. I bought the Barry M Gelly polishes in Passion Fruit and Damson £3.99 each or 2 for £7 on the deal. These shades are unique in my collection; I have quite a few reds and blue but nothing like these shades. Passion Fruit is almost a neon coral which orange/red undertones and is a beautiful red for this time of year. Damson is a bright bold blue and reminds me very much of Baker St. by nails inc.

Finally we went into TopShop and I picked up two things. Their lipsticks are talked about a lot on YouTube and on Blogs so I really wanted to try one of their lipsticks. I have one but is is more of a lip stain and one of the ones that changes colour depending on your pH (review here). Anyway I picked up a Topshop Lipstick in Brighton Rock £8. It is a muted bright pink and looks gorgeous on my lips. It does look quite bright in the stick but if you blend it out a bit it is a gorgeous. Sticking with a pink theme I picked up their Topshop Cream Blush in Afternoon Tea £6. I don't own any cream blushes nor do I own a 'matte' blush; all my blushes are a mix of shades or quite shimmery. I did have quite a bit of trouble opening the packaging, it was so stiff I had to put Vaseline around the clasp. If you have had this problem will you let me know?

In my books that was a very successful shopping trip! I love everything i purchased and I will being reviews on everything soon.

MissBeccaBeauty xo

2 comments:

Thank you so much for commenting, I really appreciate all your comments! Don't forget to subscribe or follow my blog on BlogLovin'

MissBeccaBeauty xo