January Pick Me Ups





Hey Peeps,

At the start of January everyone is still really pumped about being off school/work, with Christmas food still there for you to eat and setting resolutions we (think we) are going to stick to. It is a really positive and motivational time as you set goals to get your life in order for the coming year. But soon everyone goes back to reality and wakes up from the Christmas/New Year's bubble. Most of us have kept going the first two weeks with out resolutions, but as the third and fourth weeks approach we are lacking motivation and are craving the chocolate we gave up on the 1st of January. I have some really "simple yet effective" ways to perk your selves up and pick up your spirits so you can get back on track (unless of course this includes some of the things you gave up as a resolution in which case I am very sorry!)
First of all yourself a nice hot bath, put in your favourite bubbles with relaxing music in the background. Soak in there for a good while letting the water calm you down. Use you favourite bath products, mine are the Soap and Glory Scrub of your life and the  Philosophy body butter. Skincare is very important and as good as our everyday routine may be it  is nice to use special and different products every once in a while. I got given this face mask from Superdrug and is the perfect thing for a little pick me up! Now this is a step I normally forget, but is really beneficial and I love how it feels. We use our hands and feet everyday and sometimes they get very dry and tired. So treat you little fingers and toes to some relaxation: take your favourite foot cream ( I use the Soap and Glory Heel Genius) and follow the instructions which usually tell you to apply this to your feet and they put on some clean cotton socks which helps to keep your feet moisturised.
Now onto the fun part... A Manicure! You can use any polish you want but I like to go for a classic French manicure. I got a kit for my birthday so would use that. I find painting my nails gives me the excuse to sit on my bum and do absolutely nothing. while you are waiting for your nails to dry why not read a book. I like to read girly classics on nights like this, I don't know why I just find them to be so kind and princess-like!
There you have it, all the things I use to give myself a little pick me up during January. I also may sneak in there a bit of chocolate and a cup of tea! What do you do to perk yourself up when you are feeling down in January?

MissBeccaBeauty xo 
Where else to find me:


You may also be interested in:

Love Yourself First
Love Yourself First
Kate Moss Lipstick 101 | Review
Kate Moss Lipstick 101 | Review
Best of 2013 | Beauty Products
Best of 2013 | Beauty Products
 Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid | Review
Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid | Review
 Christmas Day 2013!
Christmas Day 2013!

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh I love having a bath and pampering sesh.
    I am not a big fan of January, usually its fine but this year January blues has hit me hard! A LOT of baths and nail painting has been taking place!

    Hope you are well xx | PixiRella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I have been having a bath and pamper session every Sunday followed by a manicure! xx

      Delete
  2. Aw this was great! Do you have a Good Reads account? Seems like you love some great books.xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, I really appreciate all your comments! Don't forget to subscribe or follow my blog on BlogLovin'

MissBeccaBeauty xo