Buy My Face || Guest Post by BekyLou

 As beauty bloggers, we're always lusting after the next best thing. Ooh, a new primer? Yep I need that. Or how about that shade of nail polish which is almost exactly the same as one I already have? Yep, that's in the online shopping basket too... And I definitely need two 'different' black kohl eyeliners.. Oops. Confirm order has been clicked and money is leaving my account... Oh, but it's okay - think of all the Boots Advantage Points I've just earned! Know the feeling? Been in that situation too many times before? For this guest post I thought I'd give us all a bit of a 2014 new year / fresh start, cold, hard, reality check.

Have you ever sat down and wondered just how much your face actually costs? How much all of your 'daily essential' make up items and tools actually add up to? I know I haven't and with all of the 'high-end' beauty loves that I just 'Have to have' I know for a fact that it's going to total something crazily pricey. Maybe it's time to realise just how much we're spending on these things - after all, do we really need a MAC lipstick three times over in almost the exact same shades? I don't... but I have them. And do we really need the latest Benefit concealer when Collection do one ten times cheaper which is just as amazing? For a new year, and a new car to run, I thought it was time to check the beauty spending and see where all of my money is going. Don't get me wrong, I love every product I own, but how much does it all really cost me? Could I have already bought a MacBook Pro by now if I wasn't so beauty obsessed?!

Primer:
I own two primers at the moment. See what I mean? Who needs two primers at one time? 
The first is the Benefit Porefessional Primer (£24.50) which is an amazing primer and definitely does the job it says on the tin. I've been extremely impressed with this and use it for special occasions or on days when I feel that my pores are extra visible. And with a new gift set just out for the same price as the single tube, who could refuse? 
Next, I have the Clinique Superprimer Face Primer (£20) which I tend to use on a daily basis and have only just recently purchased. After having a sample which lasted me two weeks, I knew I just HAD to get it. 


Concealer:
I've been quite good recently and I only have one concealer. They tend to last me a long time as I only really use them on any small blemishes and under my eyes but I still feel the need to buy a high-end concealer. At the moment I have MAC Studio Finish Concealer (£15) and am loving it. It does a great job of hiding red areas and covers blemishes really well. It also has a  great lasting time, I barely have to reapply a couple of hours later, which is great for when I'm at work.


Foundation:
I'm ashamed to say that at the moment I have three, yes three, foundations. I use each for a different mood or situation and love each and every one of them. 
1 - Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation (£4.49). Even being high street, this has been one of my favourites ever since it was relaunched last year. It's such a good coverage and even though it looks thick at first, it's quite light and airy when applied which I love. I recommend this foundation to everybody and use this on days generally when I'm not doing anything too special. 
2 - Benefit Stay Flawless Oxygen WOW Foundation (£25.50). I have been obsessed with this foundation for over a year now. Ever since I first tried it at the counter I fell in love and have purchased and repurchased ever since. I love how this foundation is so light and yet gives an amazing coverage. 
3 - Last but by no means least, the last foundation I currently own is the NARS Sheerglow Foundation (£30.50). I have to admit this was a very spur-of-the-moment purchase for me. It's something I should've put more thought into at that price, but after reading so many reviews previously; it just had to be done. I love it so far, but keep an eye out on my blog for a proper review soon. 


Powders:
I currently have two setting powders, one that I use everyday to set my foundation and the other to reduce shine. 
The first is Rimmel Stay Matte Powder (£3.99) I've used this for years and have probably repurchased this a million times. It's my go-to and will never fail to impress me. 
The second is again, a brand new product. It's the Benefit Porfessional Agent Zero Shine Powder (£23.50) which I bought after hearing so much hype from my friend Ashton (a Benebabe), I snapped it up as soon as it was released and I'm amid writing a review for it, so again, keep an eye on the blog.


Blush:
I was so lucky to receive this NARS Blush in Orgasm (£21.50) for Christmas - I've been lusting after it for ages and now after using it, am even more in love. This is the perfect shade to subtly blend into my cheeks for a lovely natural pinkness, it's definitely worth the money and has overtaken my favourite from the second blush that I own and switch between which is...
...Benefit's Rockateur baked blush (£23.50) This blush is a gorgeous nude pink, which has a hint of bronzer in too, I use this on days where I want a more warm glow to my cheeks than a pinky one. As this is a baked blush however, it lasts a lot longer and has less fall out, which is great! 


Highlighter: 
I use Benefit's High Beam (£19.50) as a highlighter. I love that it comes in liquid form instead of as a powder as I find that it's much easier to blend this way. I'd highly recommend this as you also don't need to use a lot, meaning that it is definitely worth the money for how much you get! 

Bronzer:
Benefit's Hoola Bronzer (£23.50) is my favourite bronzer and the only one that I use. It gives myself a perfect sun-kissed look and is matte so has none of that horrible shimmer - winner in my eyes straight away! I swear by this bronzer and even though it's only recently come into my life, I'd recommend it to every one of you. 

Eyes:
I have recently purchased the Naked3 Palette by Urban decay.. However as it is still in the post, the only two shadows I use at the moment are 'Woodwinked' and 'Shroom' by MAC (£10 each). They make such a nice bronzed smokey eye when used together and complete my go-to eye look. 
Along with my Soap And Glory SuperCat Eyliner Pen (£6) which is the easiest and most pigmented liner I have every tried. As it is a felt-tip pen, this liner is so simple to swipe across the lid for a perfect line. 
I also use the Rimmel Exaggerat Eye Definer Retractable Pen in Black (£3.99) for my water line, i've used this product for years and also swear by this. It's perfect for just adding that extra little bit of smokiness to a look. 

Lips:
Last but not least are lips. For daily use I always use my Lush Bubblegum lipscrub (£5.50) followed by my Lychee Lip Balm from The Body Shop (£3). I then use the Rimmel Moisutre Renew Universal Lip Liner (£3.99). I love all of these products but to me, they're just that. The prep before the main event. 
I own 4 MAC lipsticks which I switch between on  a daily basis and 2 Topshop ones. I count all of these as daily staples, because I wear all of them over the space of the week, depending on what mood I'm in. 
MAC lipsticks (£15 each) : Fanfare
                                          Hot Gossip
                                          Please Me
                                          Nicki Minaj Viva Glam
Topshop Lipsticks (£8 each) : Beguiled
                                              Innocent
I then complete the look with my beloved LipCote (£3.69) to set my lip colour.





Blimey, I never knew how much I actually used on a daily basis.. It's crazy to think that this (to many other beauty bloggers) is a small collection. Don't get me wrong, this isn't my full collection, but it is pretty damn close. Is anyone else scared to see what my face is worth after all of that? No, just me? Let's get adding then!

My face is worth: £347.66
 
I'm actually quite shocked that it's added to that much. I feel a bit better knowing that some products I have more than one of that I use weekly, but still. New Cannon DSLR anyone? I'm actually quite ashamed at that in a way... I guess these are the third world problems though, right? Too much money spent on makeup? Definitely going on a spending ban from now on for the foreseeable future. Who's with me?

Does your face cost anywhere near this much? Anyone else feel as bad as me looking at that figure?
Let me know in the comments below or tweet me @beky_boo94

xox

You can also vote for me for the #UKBA14 here


4 comments:

  1. Nice post . Cheers for, commenting on my blog mate. I shall message you again! I did not realise that.
    Disney Games

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post.
    i am following your blog. pls follow back
    beautydrugs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really absolute nice announcement admonition acknowledgment for administration this advantageous information...
    digital video recorder in Bhadrak

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, I really appreciate all your comments! Don't forget to subscribe or follow my blog on BlogLovin'

MissBeccaBeauty xo