2014 Makeup Favourites


We've come to that time of year where I look back at all the products I have used this year and I have been dying to share with you the products that I have enjoyed using most in 2014. This year I have discovered so many new beauty products that I have fallen in love with. If you have been reading my blog for a long time then I am sure non of these products will come as a surprise that they made it into my 2014 Makeup Favourites.
 
My eye makeup has switched up the most throughout the year as it the part of my makeup routine that I like to experiment with most. At the beginning of the year I was in love with the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze. I have lost count of the amount of times I have spoken about this on my blog but it really is amazing. It is a bronze cream eyeshadow which lasts all day and is an amazing base for shadow as well.  In recent months I have been wearing the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette a lot. The matte shades are really pigmented and creamy which results in the shadows being very easy to blend and work with. Whenever I go away on holiday or for a weekend break, I always pack this palette because it is so slim and compact as well as having a huge mirror. There has been one stand out eyeliner for me which is the Maybelline Master Precise. I bought this in the summer and have used it pretty much every day, it is so long wearing and never smudges which is saying something as my eyes are prone to watering everyday. Everyday for the past few months I have worn the Bare Minerals Lash Domination mascara without fail. The other day I couldn't find my lash domination mascara and when I used a different one I didn't recognise myself in the mirror because my lashes looked so short and thin compared to the long voluminous lashes my lash domination gives!

My favourite blush this year has been the Sleek Rose Gold Blush. The shade is very pretty the slight gold shimmer running through complements my complexion. Because it is so compact and small this is the blush I reach for the most when I am traveling and bring makeup with me. Now onto lips. before this year I was never a big lip product lover. I wore the odd lip product, however in 2014 I found some real gems that I have fallen in love with. The first is Soap and Glory's Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Stick in the shade Nudist. All of this range is amazing but the shade Nudist is my favourite and I love how glossy the finish is on my lips. My other lipstick favourite for 2014 is Topshops Jewel Lip Tint. In the tube this looks like a super bright orange, but this lipstick reacts with the natural pH in your lips and then leaves the post natural pink colour on my lips which I find works with any makeup look. So when I am stuck on what lip colour to go for, I usually end up wearing this. Into the mix I also wanted to include my favourite makeup brush of the year which has been... (drum roll please!!!) Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. I think they should rename this 'The-Does-Everything-On-Your-Face-Brush' because I am not kidding I can do my whole makeup routine (minus eye makeup) with this one brush: foundation, concealer, powder, blush and bronzer. I got the core collection last year which includes this brush and I can safely say that every time I applied makeup in 2014 it was with this brush.

Now onto my favourite nail polishes. This was the hardest category to refine because I have so many nail polish favourites but I managed to get it down to three and I did this by which polishes I have worn the most. First is Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine in the shade Almond which is my favourite nude from 2014 as this is always the polish I reached for when I wanted something subtle and discrete on my nails. Actually the Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine range is one of my favourite ranges that I discovered in 2014 and I want to try more from the collection this year. In October I discovered the Maybelline SuperStay Gel Nail Color range and my favourite shade Purple Reflects. This shade is a gorgeous metallic purple that I have worn so much since I bought it. Finally my favourite nail polish this year has been Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro in Posh Pink which is the most flattering pink polish I have ever found and I just love the formula of this and the colour.

What are your 2014 makeup favourites?

MissBeccaBeauty xo 

2 comments:

  1. I'm ready to add to my Barry M nail collection, i feel like i haven't bought any in forever!
    Love Vicki <3 victoriajanex.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have some really pretty pastel colours in their gelly range for S/S x

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting, I really appreciate all your comments! Don't forget to subscribe or follow my blog on BlogLovin'

MissBeccaBeauty xo