The Autumn Edit



For me autumnal makeup is all about the purples. Purple nails, purple lipstick and a purple blush (I know... how adventurous!). I have found a couple gems that I will be wearing lots this season. Usually I will pick one feature to emphasise: for example I will go for either a bold eye, bold cheek or a bold lip.

NAILS// All year round the colours on my nails change depending on the season but I think Autumnal colours might be my favourite kind of shades to go for. Personally I love to go down the Purple, dark green and berry tone polishes as they scream out Autumn to me. This Autumn I am loving the Sally Hanson Complete Manicure Polish in Plum Luck which is a really deep plum purple shade and Revlon Nail Enamel in Emerald City which is a metallic dark green. Metallic are all in this season and whilst I am not a huge fan of metallic, I can definitely see myself wearing this a lot!

EYES// I find myself wearing more shimmery shadows on my eyes around this time of year. There is something about a deep smokey, shimmery makeup look that I really like. L'Oreal do some amazing single eyeshadows and one I always find myself going back to is the L'Oreal Chrome Shadow in Brown Lame. I sweep this all over the lid and then I am good to go. In Autumn because I am like shimmery lids, I prefer to use a pencil liner as it looks a lot softer on the eyes. If I read my September Favourites (if you missed it you can read it here!) you will know that all throughout September I loved using the Benefit Bad Gal Waterproof black pencil liner. It stays put all day and still defines my eyes whilst looking a lot softer.

BLUSH// Along with purple toned nail polishes I love purple toned blushes because they give a warm flushed look to my face. The Laura Geller Baked Impressions Blush in Bouquet is quite a dark pink brown blush with strong purple undertones. Because it is so dark it also contours my face slightly which means I don't have to wear bronzer with this. I try to stay away from bronzer during Autumn as I find it just doesn't suit the season and looks best in the summer.

LIPS// I am going to admit that dark lipsticks scare me; I honestly don't know how to wear them or what to pair them with. Having said that I do have two lipsticks that I love to wear at this time of year. For me dark nude lipsticks are the way to go. Rimmel Lasting Finish Kate Moss lipstick in 07 is a dark nude brown lipstick with a slight orange undertone. It reminds me of the Kylie Jenner lip that everyone is loving at the moment. This lipstick has a velvety finish and is quite understated which means I can pair it with either a shimmery eye-shadow or a strong dark purple blush. Finally I have an MUA Lipstick in shade 2 (such an imaginative name!!) and I know MUA are not the most luxurious brand but it was this gorgeous purple shade that drew me in. It hasn't got the best staying power but for £1 it's great. I use this as stain and find that it looks really pretty and autumnal.

What is in your Autumn makeup edit?

MissBeccaBeauty xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting, I really appreciate all your comments! Don't forget to subscribe or follow my blog on BlogLovin'

MissBeccaBeauty xo