Owing Your Bed Head



I was recently contacted by a mattress company called Casper and was asked to share my tips on bed head and how to prevent it. They are running a project called 'Own Your Bed Head' and are seeking advise from beauty bloggers on how to manage bed head because lets face it; even the most comfortable and advanced memory foam mattress cannot prevent the dreaded bed head each morning. For my fellow thick haired girls out there, you will know that when you wake up in the morning and look in the mirror you are greeted by the sight of out of control bed head. Over the years I have tried and tested many ways to reduce and manage bed head - some have worked and some haven't. So as well as helping out Casper, I thought it would be a great to share with you my tips! 

WASH AND DRY THE NIGHT BEFORE// I like washing my hair on an evening, not just to help my bed head because also I would rather have 20 minuets longer sleep in the morning. Then the most important thing is the make sure your hair is fully dry before you go to sleep. If you go to bed with damp hair, when you wake up it will have dried as bed head and will be really hard to brush through and tame. 

USE THE WET BRUSH// The Wet Brush is designed to get rid of any tangles, knots or kinks in your hair and you use it when you hair is wet, like the name suggests. You can also use it again in the morning as an ordinary brush and it de-tangles hair quickly and painlessly. 

TURN THE HEAT UP// When my bed head is really bad I like to use heat on my hair. Usually I will curl my hair because even if my hair is a complete mess, the heat will control my hair and keep it like that all day. I like curling my hair because you can't tell what's bed head and what has been curled! If I haven't got time to curl all my hair (because lets face it, in a morning I haven't got time to be curling my hair for 20 minuets!) I will put my hair up in a messy high pony tail and then curl stand of hair in the pony tail to give it an effortlessly chic 'curly, yet messy look', well at least that's what I aim for- although sometimes it can look a bit like a birds nest. In which case it all gets pulled up into a bun!  

HAIRSPRAY & BOBBIE PINS// Always use hairspray to prevent the bed head returning during the day, especially if you have curled or straightened your hair as this will help the head to control the bed head for longer. Also bobbie pins will be come your best friend they help to hold and keep any stray or wild bits down.

If you want to see more on how I stay my hair on a day to do basis, along with photos of the hairs styles I described you can view my Three Lazy Hairstyles here

MissBeccaBeauty xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting, I really appreciate all your comments! Don't forget to subscribe or follow my blog on BlogLovin'

MissBeccaBeauty xo